This post was updated on March 2nd, 2023
The meal plans I provide during my free 30-Day PCOS Diet Challenge are just a guide, and if you wanted to change things up and use this recipe in place of one of the other dinner meals, then by all means do so!
Because if, like me, you like to cook in big batches and then live off the proceeds for the following day or two, then this PCOS recipe may be of interest. Crockpot means it’s easy. Garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, tamari, and sesame oil means it’s got that East Asian flavor about it.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this Slow Cooked Beef and Broccoli recipe:
- Beef flank steaks
- Beef stock
- Coconut aminos
- Gluten-free tamari sauce
- Sesame oil
- White wine vinegar
- Chinese 5 spice powder
- Arrowroot flour
- Filtered water
I love beef, and I love broccoli, and this Slow Cooked Beef and Broccoli recipe puts the two together in a simple, yet delicious combination. I hope you’ll agree.
P.S. If you are struggling to make the switch to a PCOS diet, I run a free 30-Day PCOS Diet Challenge every quarter which is the perfect way to really kickstart your health transformation. This live event includes weekly meal plans, recipes, shopping lists, and video lessons, all within a supportive community environment. However, if this recipe has inspired you and you want to get started right away, then I recommend downloading my free 3-Day PCOS Diet Meal Plan as well. It’s a 15-page PDF ebook that contains some of my most popular PCOS recipes, a shopping list ready to go, and some additional information about how to use food to heal your PCOS.
This PCOS dinner recipe is perfect to prepare in a larger batch to make meal prep’ easy!
Slow Cooked Beef and Broccoli (PCOS-Friendly)
If, like me, you like to cook in big batches and then live off the proceeds for the following day or two, then this PCOS recipe may be of interest.
- 22 oz Beef flank steaks (sliced into strips against the grain)
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup Gluten-free tamari sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 3 tbsp Arrowroot flour
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 4 tsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp Ginger (minced)
- 3 Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 tbsp Filtered water
- [Optional] Sear the beef with coconut oil in a hot skillet for a couple of minutes. This allows for a deeper flavor and helps the beef hold together better.
- Add the beef, beef stock, coconut aminos, tamari sauce, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, Chinese 5 spice powder, onions, garlic, and ginger, into a Crockpot (slow cooker). Stir to combine, then cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- When it’s almost time to eat, dissolve the arrowroot flour in a little cold water, then add to the Crockpot. Throw in the broccoli, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for a further 10-15 minutes, to allow sauce to thicken and the broccoli to soften.
- Serve over black/red/wild rice or cauliflower rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 2267mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 49g
Please note that the nutrition information above isn’t always 100% accurate.
Combining rigorous science and clinical advice with a pragmatic approach to habit change, Kym is on a mission to show other women how to take back control of their health and fertility. Read more about Kym and her team here.
Quick Disclosure: Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. This means that when you use them to purchase something, it won't cost you more but I may get paid a commission for referring you. In order to avoid any prejudice, I only recommend products that I personally use or would have recommended anyways.